Self Defence Courses
The International Wing Chun Academy runs its Self Defence Courses all year round (subject to public holidays and holiday periods). Students follow a structured Grading System and may start training at any time.
To start learning devastatingly effective self defence skills while having fun and improving your health and fitness, follow these simple steps:
- Find your nearest training centre on the Locations page.
- Determine what training package would best suit your needs. The Academy recommends that students enrol in an Unlimited training package and train in at least 3 hours of classes per week. Longer term training packages are better value and you can change to a longer or shorter package at the end of your current training package.
- Select your classes on the training centre's timetable.
- Arrive at the training centre 15 minutes prior to the start of your desired class and speak to an instructor or staff member.
- You will be given a simple enrolment form to complete and asked to pay for your training package, annual membership and insurance up-front by cash, EFTPOS, credit card or direct debit.
- You can begin training immediately, so be sure to bring comfortable gym clothes and socks or cotton-soled Kung Fu slippers. Academy uniform can be purchased at State Headquarters or online through International Wing Chun Academy Merchandise. Academy uniform is required from Grade 1 B Group and onwards.
If you have any further questions regarding enrolment in any of the Academy's casual Self Defence Courses in Grandmaster Jim Fung's Wing Chun Kung Fu®, please do not hesitate to contact us.